Ecuador's Highest Waterfall Threatened By Chinese-Financed Dam
Photo: Say goodbye to San Rafael Falls, Ecuador? (via listafterlist.com) Ecuador made waves not too long ago as the first country to not only recognize the constitutional rights of ecosystems, but also for demanding money in exchange to not drill into their rich oil reserves -- located under their equally-rich rainforests. Now,...Read the full story on TreeHugger
By now you've probably seen the ads: Come to Florida/Another Gulf Coast state, our beaches are still beautiful (despite the worst oil spill in U.S. history). It's a sign that the states are losing visitors, and tourism dollars. A new (.pdf) analysis by Oxford Economics projects the BP oil spill will impact Gulf Coast tourism for at least three years, and cost the region $22.7 billion.
7 Eco Safaris Around the Globe
A safari might sound like a nice outdoorsy, environmental kind of vacation, but they often take a toll on wildlife in the areas you visit (even when you only take pictures). But these seven companies take a social approach to their conservation efforts: By working with local communities, they turn wildlife viewing into a source of income for the nearby people, which leads to lower incidences of poaching and hunting. Travel to one of these seven countries to see how supporting nearby villages, artisans, and guides can have a positive impact on animal populations.
A 'Mosaic' of Green Features at New Prague Hotel
Count Prague in on the trend toward green hostels and hotels: The opening late last week of a cool new central-city accommodation not only provides a fresh option for eco-conscious travelers, it also marks a green "first" or two for the entire Czech Republic.
Buying a Bike? Here’s What You Should Know
When the weather’s nice, it seems almost criminal to travel via car or stuffy bus. Jumping on a bike and cruising down the street with the breeze blowing through your hair—now, that sounds like a better way to celebrate the sun. Unfortunately, my bike is a rusted mess, with shoddy brakes and practically flat wheels.
- Ash Cloud Increases Train Travel, Car Sharing, CO2 Savings
- Best of Green: Travel & Nature (Slideshow)
- Unusual Boat Cruise Tours L.A.'s Urban Waterways
- Top 25 Cities with Most Energy Star Buildings in 2009
- Trained Musicians Bound for Greener Pastures on 28-State Tour
- Take a Hike: 5 More Great Tips for the Urban Explorer
- Multitasking Must Haves: A Green Guide to the Most Versatile Fashion, Foods, Tools and More
- Space: Why Bother?
- The City Girl’s Guide to Urban Hiking
- Green Winter Adventures: Top 5 Eco Ski Spots
- Thousand Oaks, CA to get two Ballard-powered fuel cell buses
- SolarBullet Campaign shoots for high-speed solar train
Page 1 of 4
World Green Top News
- Testing a New Dynamic Solar Facade
- Joshua Tree Gets a New Desert Prefab
- Plugwise Eliminates Excess Energy Use
- Ahead of Schedule, An LED Bulb for us All
- Community Solar Programs Let Renters Share The Power
- Simple Green Harpoon House in Oregon
- Dad Was Right About Those Lights
- Gary Chang's Sliding Wall Apartment Is An Eco-Friendly 24 Rooms! (VIDEO)
- Who Wins in the Home Star Program? GridPoint, Big Box Retailers
- Seeking Existing Home Energy Efficiency
- Video Spotlight on Three Sustainability Leaders 22 May 2013 | 1:30 am
- BD Issues 2012 Sustainability Report 22 May 2013 | 1:15 am
- SAP to Work With Specialisterne to Employ People With Autism 22 May 2013 | 1:10 am
- BSR Launches Online Platform to Create Training Materials on Women’s Health in Developing Countries 22 May 2013 | 1:00 am
- Domo Arigato, FIRST Robotics 22 May 2013 | 1:00 am