Paparazzo who chased Justin Bieber's chrome Fisker Karma charged
How to stay in the news:
- Be an insanely popular pop singer.
- Get an insanely noticeable plug-in hybrid car, the Fisker Karma.
- Chrome it.
- Get chased by paparazzi going over 100 miles per hour, then get pulled over and get a speeding ticket.
State prosecutors filed four charges against paparazzo Paul Raef, who chased Bieber "in a careless, reckless fashion," (in the words of Los Angeles councilman Dennis Zine). Raef is pleading "not guilty" even though Bieber identified him to the police. His lawyer said Raef was just like any other reporter and is thus protected by the First Amendment. The arraignment takes place August 24. If convicted, Raef could spend a year in jail and need to pay a $3,500 fime.
You can see the TMZ video of the original situation below.
Paparazzo who chased Justin Bieber's chrome Fisker Karma charged originally appeared on AutoblogGreen on Thu, 09 Aug 2012 19:48:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
World Green Top News
- Testing a New Dynamic Solar Facade
- Joshua Tree Gets a New Desert Prefab
- Plugwise Eliminates Excess Energy Use
- Ahead of Schedule, An LED Bulb for us All
- Community Solar Programs Let Renters Share The Power
- Simple Green Harpoon House in Oregon
- Dad Was Right About Those Lights
- Gary Chang's Sliding Wall Apartment Is An Eco-Friendly 24 Rooms! (VIDEO)
- Who Wins in the Home Star Program? GridPoint, Big Box Retailers
- Seeking Existing Home Energy Efficiency
- Infographic & Video: Invest an Acre 21 May 2013 | 4:00 am
- Fighting the Fury Once Again: 14 Actions We Can Take 21 May 2013 | 3:55 am
- Union Pacific Recognizes Companies for Chemical Transportation Safety 21 May 2013 | 3:15 am
- Cisco BIG Awards: Calling All UK Entrepreneurs 21 May 2013 | 3:15 am
- Henry Schein Opens Its Disaster Relief Hotline to Support Customers Affected by the Tornado in Oklahoma 21 May 2013 | 3:15 am