Nissan addresses Leaf battery woes, customer communication shortcomings
Yep, that ought to do it.
While the firestorm of controversy over the woes regarding the battery in the Nissan Leaf continues to rage, the company has stepped up to the inferno with a couple buckets of PR water and a promise to bring out a very large hose. According to a statement from Carla Bailo, Nissan Americas Senior vice president of research and development, everything is cool with the Leaf's battery. Mostly.
Bailo, who is, incidentally, also a Leaf driver, placed an open letter to the Leaf community on the MyNissanLeaf discussion forum. It makes two keys points:
- The Nissan Leafs inspected in Arizona are operating to specification and their battery capacity loss over time is consistent with their usage and operating environment. No battery defects were found.
- A small number of Nissan Leaf owners in Arizona are experiencing a greater than average battery capacity loss due to their unique usage cycle, which includes operating mileages that are higher than average in a high-temperature environment over a short period of time.
Nissan addresses Leaf battery woes, customer communication shortcomings originally appeared on AutoblogGreen on Tue, 25 Sep 2012 07:55:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
World Green Top News
- Testing a New Dynamic Solar Facade
- Joshua Tree Gets a New Desert Prefab
- Plugwise Eliminates Excess Energy Use
- Ahead of Schedule, An LED Bulb for us All
- Community Solar Programs Let Renters Share The Power
- Simple Green Harpoon House in Oregon
- Dad Was Right About Those Lights
- Gary Chang's Sliding Wall Apartment Is An Eco-Friendly 24 Rooms! (VIDEO)
- Who Wins in the Home Star Program? GridPoint, Big Box Retailers
- Seeking Existing Home Energy Efficiency
- The End of the Party?: GE to Open Helium Reuse Plant as Shortage Worsens 20 May 2013 | 9:15 am
- Ecolab Event Raises More Than $130,000 for the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation 20 May 2013 | 9:15 am
- Rynae Benson honored with Spirit of Volunteerism Award in Orange County, California 20 May 2013 | 8:00 am
- NAEM to Offer Strategies for Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management 20 May 2013 | 7:35 am
- 2013 Warrior Games Presented by Deloitte Concludes with Chairman's Cup, Ultimate Champion Presentation 20 May 2013 | 7:05 am