Pipelines, Pulitzers and Independent Online Journalism
Exploring implications for environmental policy and journalism as a small Web site wins a Pulitzer Prize.
Researchers find that most continental climates cooled ahead of recent warming.
GMOs: The Walking Dead of the Food Industry
Rare New Guinea Singing Dog Snapped in the Wilds of West Papua
An expedition into one of the most remote areas on Earth has shed new light on the fate of the New Guinea singing dog – one of the world's rarest canines.
New Sinking Islands and Lands
The seas do rise and fall over the ages. Lands sink and rise depending on the weather. Dynamic modeling of sea-level rise, which takes storm wind and wave action into account, paints a much graver picture for some low-lying Pacific islands under climate-change scenarios than the passive computer modeling used in earlier research, according to a new report. A team led by research oceanographer Curt Storlazzi of the USGS Pacific Coastal and Marine Science Center compared passive bathtub inundation models with dynamic models for two of the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands in the Papah?naumoku?kea Marine National Monument. The team studied Midway, a classic atoll with islands on the shallow (2–8 meters or 6–26 feet deep) atoll rim and a deep, central lagoon, and Laysan, which is higher, with a 20–30 meter (65–98 feet) deep rim and an island in the center of the atoll. Together, the two locations exhibit landforms and coastal features common to many Pacific islands.
- How Fast is Global Climate Changing?
- Is Ice Loss by Glaciers Abnormal?
- New Camera Takes Better Pictures of Snowflakes
- The Cicadas are Coming!
- Yum! Brands announces 'greener' paper policy
- Norwegian Pinot Noir?: Global Warming to Drastically Shift Wine Regions
- New Materials Promise to Dramatically Drop Photovoltaic Prices
- Global Forest Watch 2.0 will help monitor our forests
- Air pollution-caused deaths total over one million per year in China
- Pliocene El Nino
- 'Waterpod' Turns Desert Well-Water Clean
- Tropical Rainfall Patterns
- Survey Finds Most Republicans Seek Action on Climate Change
- Climate Campaigners Try Flooding the (Comment) Zone
- IRENA launches global atlas of renewable energy potential
- Swinerton Renewable Energy Awarded Contract to Construct and Operate 250 MWac K Road Moapa Solar Plant
- Wind Powering America Guidebook officially launched on OpenEI
- Green Button in the News
- Key energy efficiency measures signed into law by President Obama
- Visualize energy APIs with a new OpenEI browser
Page 3 of 88
World Green Top News
- Testing a New Dynamic Solar Facade
- Joshua Tree Gets a New Desert Prefab
- Plugwise Eliminates Excess Energy Use
- Ahead of Schedule, An LED Bulb for us All
- Community Solar Programs Let Renters Share The Power
- Simple Green Harpoon House in Oregon
- Dad Was Right About Those Lights
- Gary Chang's Sliding Wall Apartment Is An Eco-Friendly 24 Rooms! (VIDEO)
- Who Wins in the Home Star Program? GridPoint, Big Box Retailers
- Seeking Existing Home Energy Efficiency
- The Customer is not Always Right: Why Supermarkets Show We Have a Problem with Evidence 18 May 2013 | 7:00 am
- Venture Inside the Leading Compliance Platform - Source Intelligence 17 May 2013 | 9:05 am
- AOL Monster Help Day 2013 17 May 2013 | 8:15 am
- 5 Necessary Steps to Better Integrated Reporting AND a More Sustainable Company 17 May 2013 | 8:05 am
- Economic Losses from Disasters Underestimated, ‘Out of Control’ 17 May 2013 | 8:00 am