NyloDeck Made Sans Wood and PVC
NyloDeck is a new(ish) composite deck board made with 100% recycled, post-consumer nylon carpet fibers and Elastopor rigid polyurethane foam from BASF. The material doesn’t include wood or PVC like some other composites, and it’s made to be natural looking, light, easy to handle, and resistent to moisture, mold, and termites.
It made BuildingGreen‘s Top 10 products list last year.
Available in three colors, NyloDeck comes standard in 12′, 16′, and 20′ lengths (with 24′ custom). It’s suitable for new and replacement decks, boat docks, outdoor stairs, ADA ramps, park benches, outdoor seating, and other similar applications.
NyloDeck is made in Covington, Georgia (near Atlanta). If you were at Greenbuild, NyloDeck would have been on display in the BASF booth #3746S. If you noticed NyloDeck or have experience with the material, let us know what you think.
Related Articles on JetsonGreen.com:
World Green Top News
- Testing a New Dynamic Solar Facade
- Joshua Tree Gets a New Desert Prefab
- Plugwise Eliminates Excess Energy Use
- Ahead of Schedule, An LED Bulb for us All
- Community Solar Programs Let Renters Share The Power
- Simple Green Harpoon House in Oregon
- Dad Was Right About Those Lights
- Gary Chang's Sliding Wall Apartment Is An Eco-Friendly 24 Rooms! (VIDEO)
- Who Wins in the Home Star Program? GridPoint, Big Box Retailers
- Seeking Existing Home Energy Efficiency
- GM Donation Helps Clean Historic Site with Trees 21 May 2013 | 6:00 am
- SAP Africa Rolls Out Social Sabbatical Programme 21 May 2013 | 6:00 am
- Integrated Reporting: What You Need to Know 21 May 2013 | 5:15 am
- Executives and Employees Believe U.S. Businesses Are Falling Short on Delivering Positive and Meaningful Societal Impact 21 May 2013 | 4:35 am
- Infographic & Video: Invest an Acre 21 May 2013 | 4:00 am