CalStar Unveils Recycled Thru-Wall Unit
Today CalStar Products unveiled a new Thru-Wall unit which combines the structural properties of standard concrete masonry unit with the look of a traditional brick wall. The units are half as tall as standard concrete blocks but still strong enough to do the job of a brick. Plus, the Thru-Wall unit is made with 40% post-industrial recycled material, fly ash, and comes in several different colors.
Thru-Wall is made with 40% post-industrial recycled content as the binder, which doesn’t require energy-hogging kiln firing or the use of Portland cement.
CalStar Products makes the new blocks in sizes of 8″ x 4″ x 16″ and 12″ x 4″ x 16″. Dual-faced units can be shown with a 16″ appearance or filled with mortar to look like an 8″ brick.
They’re available in eight solid colors in stretcher, knockout bond beam, and corner, sash, and splittable units. Thru-Wall units comply with ASTM C 90, which is a standard for load-bearing concrete masonry units.
The new Thru-Wall units are priced competitively with other masonry products on the market and can be purchased through independent distributors throughout North America.
Credit: CalStar Products.
Related Articles on JetsonGreen.com:
- CalStar Intros New Permeable Paver
- CalStar’s Impressive Green Fly Ash Brick
- Nichiha Unveils Recycled-Content Shake
World Green Top News
- Testing a New Dynamic Solar Facade
- Joshua Tree Gets a New Desert Prefab
- Plugwise Eliminates Excess Energy Use
- Ahead of Schedule, An LED Bulb for us All
- Community Solar Programs Let Renters Share The Power
- Simple Green Harpoon House in Oregon
- Dad Was Right About Those Lights
- Gary Chang's Sliding Wall Apartment Is An Eco-Friendly 24 Rooms! (VIDEO)
- Who Wins in the Home Star Program? GridPoint, Big Box Retailers
- Seeking Existing Home Energy Efficiency
- Tupperware Brands Partners with American Red Cross To Assist Disaster Relief 24 May 2013 | 8:40 am
- Fazoli's Kicks Off Breadsticks For Hunger Tour 24 May 2013 | 7:45 am
- Media Alert: International Diaspora Alliance Launches Diasporta To Build Sport Infrastructure And Communities Within Developing World 24 May 2013 | 7:30 am
- Millions of Consumers Demand Solution to Human Rights Violations in the DRC 24 May 2013 | 7:20 am
- Rebuilding a Primary Health Care System in Rural Mexico 24 May 2013 | 7:00 am