Green Inside and Out in the Valley
This modern home, designed by David Wick of Wick Architecture and Design, sits on a narrow urban lot in San Fernando Valley. Energy Star and Build It Green certified, the 4,000 square foot residence was built with an ICF basement, FSC certified wood framing, radiant barrier roof paneling, low-VOC caulks and sealants, a cool roof, a permeable driveway, and cedar siding that also provides some shading.
Photographer Laure Joliet recently took these photos of the Jacobson Residence and told us she liked the indoor/outdoor feel created with the pocket garden, deck spaces accessed from the bedrooms, and open floor plan inside flooded with natural lighting.
With landscape design by David Fletcher of Fletcher Studio and rainwater recycling by Jenna Didier of Fountainhd, rainwater is collected on the roof for use in a wet garden. Solar panels soak up solar energy to power the home's needs, and in the backyard, there's also a lush ozone pool and neatly trimmed xeriscape garden.
Photo credits: Laure Joliet Photography.
World Green Top News
- Testing a New Dynamic Solar Facade
- Joshua Tree Gets a New Desert Prefab
- Plugwise Eliminates Excess Energy Use
- Ahead of Schedule, An LED Bulb for us All
- Community Solar Programs Let Renters Share The Power
- Simple Green Harpoon House in Oregon
- Dad Was Right About Those Lights
- Gary Chang's Sliding Wall Apartment Is An Eco-Friendly 24 Rooms! (VIDEO)
- Who Wins in the Home Star Program? GridPoint, Big Box Retailers
- Seeking Existing Home Energy Efficiency
- Accenture's Skills to Succeed Initiative Awards Grant to Back On My Feet 24 May 2013 | 2:00 am
- Toyota Donates $250,000 to Oklahoma Tornado Relief Efforts 24 May 2013 | 1:20 am
- Caesars Entertainment's Eric Dominguez Talks Co-Gen With Green Lodging News 24 May 2013 | 1:10 am
- ReportAlert.info - FedEx (NYSE:FDX) Publishes FY12 Global Citizenship Report 23 May 2013 | 10:25 pm
- Global Compact Renews Drive for Responsible Business in Africa 23 May 2013 | 8:15 pm