Home Checklists Mainpage
How sustainable is my home? What are some things I can do to make it more sustainable? Can I improve the sustainability of my home without spending a lot of money? The Leonardo Academy home sustainability checklists are designed to help you answer these questions. The checklists will help you evaluate how sustainable your home is, as well as provide ideas for increasing home sustainability that include many no or low cost actions.
HOW TO USE THE CHECKLISTS
The most important action is to START. Begin with one checklist or all four. Print a copy of each checklist and date it. Go through each list, recording the actions you are doing and how consistently you do them. Add up your points. This score is the baseline for gauging your progress. Look over the list to find additional actions you could take and make plans to take them. Periodically, fill out the checklists again to see if the sustainability score of your home has improved. The path to sustainability is a process that occurs over time. Continuing to add more actions to your “I do it” list is the path to home sustainability.
EMPLOYERS, ENCOURAGE EMPLOYEES TO BECOME MORE SUSTAINABLE
Employers can support sustainability beyond the company or organization by encouraging employees to use these checklists to improve their home sustainability.
Checklists for four areas of sustainability are provided:
Each checklist includes a section on Easy No-Cost or Low-Cost actions that can be taken to increase the sustainability of your home. Other sections include actions that may have a cost, such as purchasing new appliances and equipment. You may decide to implement these actions when present appliances or equipment need to be replaced. The most important action is to START increasing your home’s sustainability.
The checklists assign points to each possible action to allow you to keep track of your progress along the sustainability pathway.
|Name||Home Purchasing Checklist|
|Filename||2010-3-22 Purchasing Checklist.pdf|
|Filetype||pdf (Mime Type: application/pdf)|
|Created On:||04/07/2010 13:21|
|Last updated on||04/07/2010 13:22|
World Green Top News
- Testing a New Dynamic Solar Facade
- Joshua Tree Gets a New Desert Prefab
- Plugwise Eliminates Excess Energy Use
- Ahead of Schedule, An LED Bulb for us All
- Community Solar Programs Let Renters Share The Power
- Simple Green Harpoon House in Oregon
- Dad Was Right About Those Lights
- Gary Chang's Sliding Wall Apartment Is An Eco-Friendly 24 Rooms! (VIDEO)
- Who Wins in the Home Star Program? GridPoint, Big Box Retailers
- Seeking Existing Home Energy Efficiency
- Controversial Shipbreaking Methods In South Asia Are Cause for Alarm 23 May 2013 | 8:30 am
- Demonstration Gardens Encourage Healthier Living 23 May 2013 | 8:15 am
- Lilly Volunteer Shares Experience from South Africa 23 May 2013 | 8:00 am
- Driving Employee Engagement Through Better Program Management 23 May 2013 | 7:55 am
- Survey of Corporate Professionals Identifies Motivations and Benefits of Sustainability Reporting 23 May 2013 | 7:30 am